Skip to main content

Post a secret

Man is a social creature. He needs company, he needs another of his kind.

Despite of the present day world where most people believe that things should be kept for themselves, to themselves.... There's alwes a desire to share.

A man wants to share his joy, as well as his sorrow. Man wants to share his success, his failures, his achievements, losses.... Man just needs to share.

Everyone has deep dark corners in their heart.... N somewer we alwes want to open them to sm1. Post anonymously, speak to people u hv never met. Often its easy to speak to someone u hv never met abt ur problems than ur closest fren. Very often when people speak abt their problems, thy rarely want solutions, they jus want someone to know. Its a nice feeling to know that you are not alone. That somewhere on this globe there is another being (or may be more) who shares a world similar to urs. Shares similar joys, sorrows, everyday grievances.

Came across this blog called post a secret. Its an amazing project. It encourages people to post a secret on a post card n mail it to the owner (of the blog). He then posts it on the blog. The blog has received such a tremendous response, that now there are also 2 books dedicated to it. Anonymously posted post cards, addressed to so many people. People posting about their love, traumas, fears, fantasies, dreads.....u can find post cards on almost each n every sphere of life.

There are a certain class of people, who claim to enjoy being alone....jus chec the no. of orkut communities dedicated to this kind of people,and the no. of members.. kind of a paradox there. These are a class of people tyin themselves into a kind of association, when they claim that they do not love associations, claim they love to be isolated. The bottom line --alone, or not, they stil want to share. They want to tel why they are alone (or may be left alone) n find people in a similar situ.

There are some who open up very easily (or atleast make you feel so). These people take you for a ride into their world, n make you feel close to them. When they speak to u, they make u feel special, cos u walk thru a part of their world, n knowingly, unknowingly, become one too,
Branded as gregarious, talkative some times we tend to show as if we are least interested in them, bt then ask urself, u alwes feel nice when sm1 attaches importance to u. when someone comes n speaks to u, as if all that had to be said was meant only for ur ears, u feel elevated, different, SPECIAL

Thats the magic of sharing. When u share ur stuff with people, people wud want to reciprocate by doin the same.... Some where its rightly said SHARING is CARING.
..........a step towards vasudhaiv kutumbakam!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Massagem, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://massagem-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Amruta said…
Hi Nishi,
Yeah you are so right...longing to let somebody know what u feel, and the feeling of being alone inspite of being amongst the crowd is one of the commonest problems of today. Like they say, "If you are struggling with loneliness you are not alone. And yet you are alone, so very alone!"
But communication has by far been one of the biggest virtues/specialities of human beings. Through silence too, we can communicate so many things, rite?
And ofcourse, by letting your feelings pour, albeit on a postcard and to an unknown friend, if you can share what you want and make urself feel lighter, there's nothing worng in it.
Nice post girl!

Popular posts from this blog

Trade-off

Trade-offs. used this term a couple o times couple o places. Dint think i d b using it in lifE as such. There's always a trade-off , between what's in your hand at right now, and what u wanna hold. Between what u can do, and what u wanna do. Between ur heart and ur head. Should there be? if we are a single entity, should what we feel be different from what we live? shouldn't life be bound by one philosophy, a single thought that runs through you, and reflects in everything that you do? Should there be a trade-off between being happy and making someone happy? Shouldn't it be the same? i can't understand compromises. I cant understand giving up something for something else. There cant be something less and something more... its either something o nothing. i cant understand why we sometimes fake ourselves. or we drift to believe that we are something else. why is inactivity so elusive? What can be achieved from endless conversations tat lead nowhere, head nowhere? Why

The passive Indian

Hello world, I am here to talk. No not promises, speeches n slogans and stuff of that sort. No just gupshup. Yeah the around the corner “hi! Hello!” stuff. Candle light march? Ahh yes id been on one.i walked with a candle talking about my day, and movies n stuff. No I din’t speak on camera, just to people I knew. Some I met after long. Huge turn out. What opinion? I don’t know what to say. No am not the ‘neta types’. M just a peaceful little person. No I don’t crave for media attention. Ahh yes it would be nice to have your photo in the paper. No but not at such things. No nothing political. I don’t want to be associated with anything remotely political. No pro no against. Yes I do think about it, sometimes when everyone’s talking. No actually not much. Then it passes. Newspaper?? Ya I read. No news channels, unless it some 26/11 or tsunami o world cup coverage. No I don’t read the newspapers, just page 3. It depresses me. Just the headlines sometimes. Just a glance. But I prefer lis

Another year passes by

So I enter into ma third blogging year. I thought I should like write some masterpiece or smtin to mark this event, but on second thoughts the best I could do was just write like I do every time cos this blog is now just a babble of ramblings of my mind as I work on the keyboard. Sometimes I try to organize my thinking, more often than not though, I just tend to drift away. When I began this blog, I d thought of writing about moments that have an impact on me. I think at the core, my blog Is still the same… but what u read, is more of what I pick up from those moments, as i often fail to mark them as I write. Wet-footprints has given the writer in me a renewed identity. Am not one of the best writers, and my language is far from right, yet I have found more like me through my blog, and the blogging world has by far changed the way I perceive things, near and far. I have realized that people all around the world are the same, and we all have the same emotions. Common man is governed by