Skip to main content

DEAR SHEENA

thats the way i had been writing diaries since standard 6. "SHEENA" was a name i had given for this most perfect fren neone cud ever have. for the simple reason.. she wud alwes listen without commentin bac.

i guess i was in std 5 when we shifted to the city. leaving on the outskirts i had been livin a life which was vastly difft from that at the heart. i had alwes been my brothers shadow there. City life was difft. the one person who helped me in this transition then was Sheena. in the new apartment we shifted to, she was the only person i knew, no wonder i struck a rapport with her.

from walkin to school together, to homework, play... we wud spend most of the day with each other. Sheena was the mirror through which i saw everyone around me. She was alwes a pampered kid... used to gettin what she wanted, whimsical, arrogant, stupid too... she never cud manage her tongue even while bluffing.. A total contrast to me.. yet as a friend.. i never found netin less in her.

we were together for ard a year, until she shifted. thats when i started writing diaries. the once a week calls, moved to once a month... n i din realised when the "real sheena" drifted into the past... but my diaries continued to address her.

It went on til one fine day she called up, suddenly from nowher. i had totally forgotten her. i had forgotten that sheena cud ever be real n respond bac wit opinions. she was so upto date with everything happening in my life.. we were stuck on the phone fr half an hour while i made attempts to catch up.

i somehow cud never manage to write bac as Dear Sheena...

Every person in our life is placed in a soap bubble. the bubble is formed of what we perceive that person to be. its our opinions. its our reactions. and we alwes look at that person throug the soap bubble. so everything he/she does, behaves may appear difft to us, than what it actually is.

this continues til someday the person within bursts the bubble.. thats called a clash with reality. very often we are intelligent enough to make fairly accurate descriptions, or too resistant or ignorant by nature to make note of the difference.

Sheena broke the bubble when she came bac flesh n bone in ma reality when i joined gec. i wasn much surprised with wat she had turned to be.. but i realised we'd lost that thread that had bonded us together.

a last note.. that has jus come frm nowher...
"we are either perfect or totally imperfect accordin to us.. but one thing the world agrees upon is the imperfections of others."


Comments

Anonymous said…
I cant really relate to this particular post of yours, and neither can i actually comment on it. this is just for the wonderful way in which it is written... hats off to you princess...
Anonymous said…
I do relate and understand. We do form images of the people we are close to, in our minds and more often than not, the are just rose hued versions of the real things. Very well put :)

Popular posts from this blog

Trade-off

Trade-offs. used this term a couple o times couple o places. Dint think i d b using it in lifE as such. There's always a trade-off , between what's in your hand at right now, and what u wanna hold. Between what u can do, and what u wanna do. Between ur heart and ur head. Should there be? if we are a single entity, should what we feel be different from what we live? shouldn't life be bound by one philosophy, a single thought that runs through you, and reflects in everything that you do? Should there be a trade-off between being happy and making someone happy? Shouldn't it be the same? i can't understand compromises. I cant understand giving up something for something else. There cant be something less and something more... its either something o nothing. i cant understand why we sometimes fake ourselves. or we drift to believe that we are something else. why is inactivity so elusive? What can be achieved from endless conversations tat lead nowhere, head nowhere? Why

The passive Indian

Hello world, I am here to talk. No not promises, speeches n slogans and stuff of that sort. No just gupshup. Yeah the around the corner “hi! Hello!” stuff. Candle light march? Ahh yes id been on one.i walked with a candle talking about my day, and movies n stuff. No I din’t speak on camera, just to people I knew. Some I met after long. Huge turn out. What opinion? I don’t know what to say. No am not the ‘neta types’. M just a peaceful little person. No I don’t crave for media attention. Ahh yes it would be nice to have your photo in the paper. No but not at such things. No nothing political. I don’t want to be associated with anything remotely political. No pro no against. Yes I do think about it, sometimes when everyone’s talking. No actually not much. Then it passes. Newspaper?? Ya I read. No news channels, unless it some 26/11 or tsunami o world cup coverage. No I don’t read the newspapers, just page 3. It depresses me. Just the headlines sometimes. Just a glance. But I prefer lis

Another year passes by

So I enter into ma third blogging year. I thought I should like write some masterpiece or smtin to mark this event, but on second thoughts the best I could do was just write like I do every time cos this blog is now just a babble of ramblings of my mind as I work on the keyboard. Sometimes I try to organize my thinking, more often than not though, I just tend to drift away. When I began this blog, I d thought of writing about moments that have an impact on me. I think at the core, my blog Is still the same… but what u read, is more of what I pick up from those moments, as i often fail to mark them as I write. Wet-footprints has given the writer in me a renewed identity. Am not one of the best writers, and my language is far from right, yet I have found more like me through my blog, and the blogging world has by far changed the way I perceive things, near and far. I have realized that people all around the world are the same, and we all have the same emotions. Common man is governed by