Skip to main content

a story

Once upon a time, there was a bird. He was adorned with two perfect wings and with glossy, colorful, marvelous feathers. In short, he was a creature made to fly about freely in the sky, bringing joy to everyone who saw him.

One day, a woman saw this bird and fell in love with him. She watched his flight, her mouth wide in amazement, her heart pounding, her eyes shining with excitement. She invited the bird to fly with her, ant the two traveled across the sky in perfect harmony. She admired and venerated and celebrated that bird.

But then she thought: he might want to visit far-off mountains! And she was afraid, afraid that she would never feel the same way about any other bird. And she felt envy, envy for the bird’s ability to fly.

And she felt alone.

And she thought: I’m going to set a trap, the next time the bird appears, he will never leave again.’

The bird, who was in love, returned the following day, fell into the trap and was put in cage.

She looked at the bird every day. There he was, the object of her passion, and she showed him to her friends, who said: ‘ now you have everything you could possibly want’. However, a strange transformation began to take place: now that she had the bird and no longer needed to woo him, she began to lose interest. The bird, unable to fly and express the true meaning of his life, began to waste away and his feathers to lose their gloss; he grew ugly; and the woman no longer paid him any attention, except by feeding him and cleaning out his cage.

One day the bird died. The woman felt terribly sad and spent all her time thinking about him. But she did not remember the cage, she thought only of the day when she had seen him for the first time, flying contentedly amongst the clouds.

If she had looked more deeply into herself, she would have realized that what had thrilled her about the bird was his freedom, the energy of his wings in motion, not his physical body.

Without the bird, her life too lost all meaning, and Death came knocking at her door. ‘Why have you come?’ she asked Death. ‘so that you can fly once more with him in the sky.’ Death replied,’ if you had allowed him to come and go, you would have loved and admired him even more; alas you now need me in order to find him again.’

****story ends****

Freedom is a very enchanting thing! We all want to be free…tell me one person who loves to be in shackles, n I wil prove to you he is lying. But very often we are filled with desires to possess people, to tie someone up with us. To hold people close to us. To hold them so tight that they are never able to leave us (not realizing that this very thing suffocates them)

Relationships are sustained not by holding tight, but by letting go, by respecting each other’s freedom. Knowing that at the end of the day, we all are individuals. That we all need a corner of our world to ourselves; that there are times when personalis related tothe person alone”.

We all need space to live in, a space where we are totally ourselves, a space in which we feel protected, the space in which our aura exists. I have never seen auras but I believe they do exist. Each person radiates a certain kind of energy; it’s precisely this energy that forms an aura around you. It is this energy that attracts and repels. The space we require to live in is jus this much!

Freedom is the liberty to live in this space.

To realize the meaning of loving someone is to realize this fact.

Love is to become fearless, to know that love lasts as long as it has to, it’s a river that flows its course, n u can do nothing to hold it bac, but surrender to its wishes, to flow with it!!

Love is growing, n letting grow!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
bravo!!!!
just amazing..i felt a lot of things when i was reading that..won't be able to express them all...so i'm just saying..bravo!
very few have the ability of expressing themselves as u do...keep it up!!
nishi said…
hey dat story isnt mine. its from the book 11 minutes. i jus thot of sharin it wid others. cos i found the story had a lot to tell. the interpretation below is wat i felt abt it!

Popular posts from this blog

Trade-off

Trade-offs. used this term a couple o times couple o places. Dint think i d b using it in lifE as such. There's always a trade-off , between what's in your hand at right now, and what u wanna hold. Between what u can do, and what u wanna do. Between ur heart and ur head. Should there be? if we are a single entity, should what we feel be different from what we live? shouldn't life be bound by one philosophy, a single thought that runs through you, and reflects in everything that you do? Should there be a trade-off between being happy and making someone happy? Shouldn't it be the same? i can't understand compromises. I cant understand giving up something for something else. There cant be something less and something more... its either something o nothing. i cant understand why we sometimes fake ourselves. or we drift to believe that we are something else. why is inactivity so elusive? What can be achieved from endless conversations tat lead nowhere, head nowhere? Why

The passive Indian

Hello world, I am here to talk. No not promises, speeches n slogans and stuff of that sort. No just gupshup. Yeah the around the corner “hi! Hello!” stuff. Candle light march? Ahh yes id been on one.i walked with a candle talking about my day, and movies n stuff. No I din’t speak on camera, just to people I knew. Some I met after long. Huge turn out. What opinion? I don’t know what to say. No am not the ‘neta types’. M just a peaceful little person. No I don’t crave for media attention. Ahh yes it would be nice to have your photo in the paper. No but not at such things. No nothing political. I don’t want to be associated with anything remotely political. No pro no against. Yes I do think about it, sometimes when everyone’s talking. No actually not much. Then it passes. Newspaper?? Ya I read. No news channels, unless it some 26/11 or tsunami o world cup coverage. No I don’t read the newspapers, just page 3. It depresses me. Just the headlines sometimes. Just a glance. But I prefer lis

Another year passes by

So I enter into ma third blogging year. I thought I should like write some masterpiece or smtin to mark this event, but on second thoughts the best I could do was just write like I do every time cos this blog is now just a babble of ramblings of my mind as I work on the keyboard. Sometimes I try to organize my thinking, more often than not though, I just tend to drift away. When I began this blog, I d thought of writing about moments that have an impact on me. I think at the core, my blog Is still the same… but what u read, is more of what I pick up from those moments, as i often fail to mark them as I write. Wet-footprints has given the writer in me a renewed identity. Am not one of the best writers, and my language is far from right, yet I have found more like me through my blog, and the blogging world has by far changed the way I perceive things, near and far. I have realized that people all around the world are the same, and we all have the same emotions. Common man is governed by