Skip to main content

on independence, India and Indians

this is kinda a delayed post!
i was sufferin a bloggers block (when u r somewher betn writin n not writin)

Independence is a golden word. cos it makes u feel light. it makes u feel free.
it is formed of 2 subsets---
Self-dependence..ur dependence on urself, ur abilities and capabilities
and Interdependence... ur dependence on everything u are associated with it

on the eve of independence.. Nehru made the notorious "tryst with destiny"
"Bliss was it to be alive, but to be young was mere heaven"

the precise words that should have led the way for the India of today... its yet to happen though..

i am a proud Indian and everyone here prides in bein a PROUD Indian.. bt is India proud to hav us?
are we making our motherland proud?

i was recently readin a book titled "India in slow motion" by Mark Tully. an amazing book indeed, cos it speaks the truth! The truth about y India is still moving slowly.

the India of today is like a teenager who's jus found his wings. India is young and blooming with this new found verve that comes with the freedom just bestowed upon it. Stepping into the late teens, India is exploring,trying new things, testing barriers, bendin limits. It suffers the same moral turbulence tat any teenager wud suffer.. the zeal to even with those ahead, by hook and often by crook.

when its a person, its jus he alone, but with a nation-- its millions of this kind. The age of the country defines the intellectual level of the country. Indians hav yet to grow-up. While we hav realised wat rights freedom bestows upon us, we refuse to accept the duties.

India at large consists of passive people. everyone here believes in the others ability to change the world to make it a better place..sometimes believe in "urself". No dramatic change shall occur in the society unless a large chunk decide to actively become instruments of change. The change has to seep to the grass roots. No ban on tobacco wud b effective unless ppl stop using it... the word is there.. "PEOPLE"

when does a fashion statement turn into a trend? its when PEOPLE at large start adopting it.

There is a water shortage in many parts of the country today, but no one bothers about water harvesting til they are affected. Economising water consumption is the need of the hour.. yet it remains one of the least addressed issues.

same goes with power and fuel consumption. Fuel prices are on the rise. the person most affected is the common man. why isnt there yet a people initiated drive for a shift towards hybrid vehicles?

The Consumer is a powerful effector of change. the Indian Consumer hasnt grown to realise his worth yet.

India is a secular democracy, but its poilitics is ruled by region and religion. i refuse to call those advocating such principles Indians.. cos they contradict the very preamble of the constitution by which they are bound.

India has potential, it has people with the ability to match the potential, what it lacks is training. What it lacks is LEADERS
The society is plagued, from the time it has existed, probably, else such a large nation wud nt hav been ruled by an island!

we hav a disoriented mass of people. cos everyone here believes in difft things. theres nothing wrong in tat, bt there has to b a common end... A something that everyone can believe in, does believe in.

A nation can be prosperous, if every national strives for this prosperity. If every individual looks at his work as a part of a bigger act, something far bigger than him, maybe even bigger than his lifetime.

i believe i live in a rich nation. A nation living on rags, jus cos its never realised its treasures!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trade-off

Trade-offs. used this term a couple o times couple o places. Dint think i d b using it in lifE as such. There's always a trade-off , between what's in your hand at right now, and what u wanna hold. Between what u can do, and what u wanna do. Between ur heart and ur head. Should there be? if we are a single entity, should what we feel be different from what we live? shouldn't life be bound by one philosophy, a single thought that runs through you, and reflects in everything that you do? Should there be a trade-off between being happy and making someone happy? Shouldn't it be the same? i can't understand compromises. I cant understand giving up something for something else. There cant be something less and something more... its either something o nothing. i cant understand why we sometimes fake ourselves. or we drift to believe that we are something else. why is inactivity so elusive? What can be achieved from endless conversations tat lead nowhere, head nowhere? Why

The passive Indian

Hello world, I am here to talk. No not promises, speeches n slogans and stuff of that sort. No just gupshup. Yeah the around the corner “hi! Hello!” stuff. Candle light march? Ahh yes id been on one.i walked with a candle talking about my day, and movies n stuff. No I din’t speak on camera, just to people I knew. Some I met after long. Huge turn out. What opinion? I don’t know what to say. No am not the ‘neta types’. M just a peaceful little person. No I don’t crave for media attention. Ahh yes it would be nice to have your photo in the paper. No but not at such things. No nothing political. I don’t want to be associated with anything remotely political. No pro no against. Yes I do think about it, sometimes when everyone’s talking. No actually not much. Then it passes. Newspaper?? Ya I read. No news channels, unless it some 26/11 or tsunami o world cup coverage. No I don’t read the newspapers, just page 3. It depresses me. Just the headlines sometimes. Just a glance. But I prefer lis

Another year passes by

So I enter into ma third blogging year. I thought I should like write some masterpiece or smtin to mark this event, but on second thoughts the best I could do was just write like I do every time cos this blog is now just a babble of ramblings of my mind as I work on the keyboard. Sometimes I try to organize my thinking, more often than not though, I just tend to drift away. When I began this blog, I d thought of writing about moments that have an impact on me. I think at the core, my blog Is still the same… but what u read, is more of what I pick up from those moments, as i often fail to mark them as I write. Wet-footprints has given the writer in me a renewed identity. Am not one of the best writers, and my language is far from right, yet I have found more like me through my blog, and the blogging world has by far changed the way I perceive things, near and far. I have realized that people all around the world are the same, and we all have the same emotions. Common man is governed by