Skip to main content

tandav

Long long ago, when the Liliputian army reigned the grassy-lands of Farmagudi..... the foundations of something new were laid in the soils of the plateau.. a plateau notorious for stickin to its traditions!!

for the first time the united engicos were divided... friends fought friends, n foes shook hands!!!!

War cries echoed in the campus! Spies sneaked outside latched hostel rooms, a word here n another there.. they put together stories frm bits. Each one struggled to juice out their best. There was no alternative to victory!! Winning was all that mattered!!

Tandav 2007 (the first intra college cultural festival in GEC)... truly justified aggression!!

a dayful of events, of busy feet, of raised voices, of exaggerated emotion!

Though only one emerged victorious in the battle, the crux of the event was preserved! Tandav 2007 was a festival... with due importance to all its competition.. it's aim was enjoyment!!

a year later.... the plateau shook again with war cries!!! all armies more prepared this time. There were more tests to stand.. more hurdles, more competition......more strategy.. more CHAOS!!!!

redefining tandav, the new rulers made it a one week battle, it was no more just cultural, sports were made a part of it too. Tandav 08 became more a matter of pride... winning by hook and more by crook became the motto. Fair play took a back step. There was no distinction between coordinators and participants.

The rules were dynamic and adaptive... bending rules and suiting conveniences became the trend!

The rulers got into this with sports events, and as the events progressed they got into it deeper and deeper.

Tandav 08 serves a lesson...not many would want to take. Untruth is like a maze.. once u step into it, u only get in deeper and deeper. We all tend to look at suiting our conveniences, finding the easier way.. and when one starts it, others follow suit.

It gave a glimpse to exactly why and how our society is so plagued by corruption of all kinds. People believe that corruption in small proportions is harmless; they fail to analyse the cumulative effect of all these tiny acts. When for the first time you fall prey to the temptation of finding a (seemingly) easier path, u carve a niche in ur head, for more ideas of the same kind. Like a virus that reprograms you to always look for short-cuts!

Besides the impact on the person himself, immorality has a magnifying or avalanche effect. Injustice to one person, provokes him to take the same path as an effect of which, he is suffering today. He does injustice to more.. and the effect continues. The line would be, if he is doin smtin by crook, why should I still stick with the hook?

This situ leaves me dumb. Cos if this prevails, the picture ahead looks far more scary than the present.

The festival ended with more chaos and arguments. It was nice to be victorious, but the joy wasnt unblemished!


(jus realised this was ma 100th post! happy hundreds n stuff to me)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy Hundreds! Keep posting:)
Anonymous said…
Just my thoughts... but i dont think i could have worded it this well. And congrats on your century...

Popular posts from this blog

Trade-off

Trade-offs. used this term a couple o times couple o places. Dint think i d b using it in lifE as such. There's always a trade-off , between what's in your hand at right now, and what u wanna hold. Between what u can do, and what u wanna do. Between ur heart and ur head. Should there be? if we are a single entity, should what we feel be different from what we live? shouldn't life be bound by one philosophy, a single thought that runs through you, and reflects in everything that you do? Should there be a trade-off between being happy and making someone happy? Shouldn't it be the same? i can't understand compromises. I cant understand giving up something for something else. There cant be something less and something more... its either something o nothing. i cant understand why we sometimes fake ourselves. or we drift to believe that we are something else. why is inactivity so elusive? What can be achieved from endless conversations tat lead nowhere, head nowhere? Why

The passive Indian

Hello world, I am here to talk. No not promises, speeches n slogans and stuff of that sort. No just gupshup. Yeah the around the corner “hi! Hello!” stuff. Candle light march? Ahh yes id been on one.i walked with a candle talking about my day, and movies n stuff. No I din’t speak on camera, just to people I knew. Some I met after long. Huge turn out. What opinion? I don’t know what to say. No am not the ‘neta types’. M just a peaceful little person. No I don’t crave for media attention. Ahh yes it would be nice to have your photo in the paper. No but not at such things. No nothing political. I don’t want to be associated with anything remotely political. No pro no against. Yes I do think about it, sometimes when everyone’s talking. No actually not much. Then it passes. Newspaper?? Ya I read. No news channels, unless it some 26/11 or tsunami o world cup coverage. No I don’t read the newspapers, just page 3. It depresses me. Just the headlines sometimes. Just a glance. But I prefer lis

Another year passes by

So I enter into ma third blogging year. I thought I should like write some masterpiece or smtin to mark this event, but on second thoughts the best I could do was just write like I do every time cos this blog is now just a babble of ramblings of my mind as I work on the keyboard. Sometimes I try to organize my thinking, more often than not though, I just tend to drift away. When I began this blog, I d thought of writing about moments that have an impact on me. I think at the core, my blog Is still the same… but what u read, is more of what I pick up from those moments, as i often fail to mark them as I write. Wet-footprints has given the writer in me a renewed identity. Am not one of the best writers, and my language is far from right, yet I have found more like me through my blog, and the blogging world has by far changed the way I perceive things, near and far. I have realized that people all around the world are the same, and we all have the same emotions. Common man is governed by