Skip to main content

..bas chalte jaana hai!!!

Long time there blogger pals. Hullo. Time’s jus been flying these days. Trickling of people from the ppl m in touch with list has already begun. I am proud to say I have by far managed to overcome my fb-addiction (not havin a net connection, n keepin min bal on ur cel has done the trick). I hope it remains so even when I return bac home. I wont say m tired of pune, but m not sure I can endure stayin here more. After weeks I have got bac into a routine. I managed to break my habit of sleeping at 2, so m in bed by 11 (max 12…) n yes I do manage to get up early n go for walks.
Walks on pune roads are the most pleasant times of my day. I enjoy walking. Sometimes it’s a slow lingering, lost in thought walk; when the noises around are silenced by those in the head, other times it’s the all fresh n ready to roll , confident walk. (that’s the one in the mornings mostly, when m on ma way fr breakfast n formerly when I used to go to class). Walking during most working hours tends to b a lil unpleasant cos of the pollution.(u can feel the fumes pass through into ur system).


Morning walks are the best. Pune has this super cool climate…(super cool by Goan standards) , so when u step out of the room, for a second u get the feelin that u gonna freeze out there. But the whole walkin effort beats it, n then u have these triumphant droplets of sweat trickling down the sides of ur cheek (n if u have burnt enuf calories, even down ur spine). Its refreshing! Seriously refreshing. (better than chai n coffee). Sometimes when ma head is clogged with too many things, I jus go out for a walk, n then m bac n al fresh….

There are a lot of interesting people u happen to see on these morning walks. Pune streets in the mornings are ruled by senior citizens. Ul see them everywhere, from the ground to the tea shop at the corner. (unlike the evenings when the streets are flooded by the youth). It gives a very homely n sheltered feel to the streets, kind of the one I get when I visit ma grandparents. These guys club up and talk about everything and nethin, esp when u are one of those kinds who d rather not look at the newspaper, u cud jus spend some half a hour at the chai walla when some of these guys are around. I have this habit of guessing wat their professions cud possibly be (or have been). So now I have some 5 professors that I meet every day, another 5 who I believe are in some form of service, an ex army man, the guy who plays tennis (this one’s the most peculiar. He is not too old, something 50s, sports long curly hair; that are tied behind; he is a regular at the chai walla, and everyday he is distributing his gyan to the person sitting infron of him, sometimes even the chai walla. He is one of those men with a magnetic personality. He speaks.. n u are all ears).

Walking is fun n healthy. And its more fun when u are not bound by destination n time (like me in pune). Its those aimless walks that are the most fun. N thanks to ma walking around here, I have finally learnt to keep track of roads n give accurate directions. (both which I wud miserably screw up b4). Walking has also made me a keen observer. When u r walking with someone, mostly u tend to strike a conversation n u don often tend to notice whats happening around (atleast I don), but when alone u note everything on the road. Thoughts jus flow, in and out, sometimes they trigger memories but more often than not happier ones.

The second walk of the day, that I don usually miss is the tea-time walk. Somewhere between 5.30 and 6. Its when the airs jus getting cooler, n its like the perfect time to go grab a cup of tea (n cream roll). Then go for a stroll, buy milk on the way, or if u in a mood, then go street shopping…n then come bac n sit on the swing where m usually joined by my roomie wher we swing into the dark

Gosh m I gonna miss these things when I go bac home!!!!!
(routines jus happen, u don alwes plan them)

Comments

Soin said…
pune is like the place where stuff from mumbai have spilled in..heard it has a good night life..and ur from goa??nice..free
nishi said…
i wudn exactly put it tat way... but yes it is. night life most o times ends by 12 o 1!
HaRy!! said…
hmm nice..never been to Pune..but me enjoying windy autumn here...ooo scary wind!! and good to hav yu back!

HaRy
Anonymous said…
Pune doesnt really hold a candle to Mumbai when it comes to night life and enjoyment. But what really annoyed me was the morale policing attitude of the people there.

Hypocrisy is in the blood of punites.
Anonymous said…
Pune doesnt really hold a candle to Mumbai when it comes to night life and enjoyment. But what really annoyed me was the morale policing attitude of the people there.

Hypocrisy is in the blood of punites.

Popular posts from this blog

Trade-off

Trade-offs. used this term a couple o times couple o places. Dint think i d b using it in lifE as such. There's always a trade-off , between what's in your hand at right now, and what u wanna hold. Between what u can do, and what u wanna do. Between ur heart and ur head. Should there be? if we are a single entity, should what we feel be different from what we live? shouldn't life be bound by one philosophy, a single thought that runs through you, and reflects in everything that you do? Should there be a trade-off between being happy and making someone happy? Shouldn't it be the same? i can't understand compromises. I cant understand giving up something for something else. There cant be something less and something more... its either something o nothing. i cant understand why we sometimes fake ourselves. or we drift to believe that we are something else. why is inactivity so elusive? What can be achieved from endless conversations tat lead nowhere, head nowhere? Why

The passive Indian

Hello world, I am here to talk. No not promises, speeches n slogans and stuff of that sort. No just gupshup. Yeah the around the corner “hi! Hello!” stuff. Candle light march? Ahh yes id been on one.i walked with a candle talking about my day, and movies n stuff. No I din’t speak on camera, just to people I knew. Some I met after long. Huge turn out. What opinion? I don’t know what to say. No am not the ‘neta types’. M just a peaceful little person. No I don’t crave for media attention. Ahh yes it would be nice to have your photo in the paper. No but not at such things. No nothing political. I don’t want to be associated with anything remotely political. No pro no against. Yes I do think about it, sometimes when everyone’s talking. No actually not much. Then it passes. Newspaper?? Ya I read. No news channels, unless it some 26/11 or tsunami o world cup coverage. No I don’t read the newspapers, just page 3. It depresses me. Just the headlines sometimes. Just a glance. But I prefer lis

Another year passes by

So I enter into ma third blogging year. I thought I should like write some masterpiece or smtin to mark this event, but on second thoughts the best I could do was just write like I do every time cos this blog is now just a babble of ramblings of my mind as I work on the keyboard. Sometimes I try to organize my thinking, more often than not though, I just tend to drift away. When I began this blog, I d thought of writing about moments that have an impact on me. I think at the core, my blog Is still the same… but what u read, is more of what I pick up from those moments, as i often fail to mark them as I write. Wet-footprints has given the writer in me a renewed identity. Am not one of the best writers, and my language is far from right, yet I have found more like me through my blog, and the blogging world has by far changed the way I perceive things, near and far. I have realized that people all around the world are the same, and we all have the same emotions. Common man is governed by