Skip to main content

Bengaluru

An exam took me to Bengaluru (Blore henceforth) over the weekend. i had my first solitary air travel. i love travelling, though i would have preferred travelling by train o bus, but air travel it was. somehow travelling by train o bus, feels more like real travelling. :D i love to see the gradually changing landscapes, as one merges into another, and you move through it. when you see all this from amidst the clouds, it all looks like part of a dollhouse.. n then soon everything is clouded (like literally)

so my Blore trip wasn't much of travel, it was like a quick business trip. a car to pick me up n transport around. though i would have enjoyed the occasional hunting around for a taxi n directions. i reached the guest house at around 4.30. Long roads, nothing picturesque as such, though from the plane i noted a lot of palm plantations, the road showed nothing of it. for some time i tried to see which way the car was heading, note landmarks n stuff, but soon it all felt the same, n i quit trying. my last trip to Blore was like a year o more back, then i was with dad, n we d been to mysore, so i hadn't seen blore as such, not tat i got to see much of it this time.

one of my friends came to meet me at the guest house. we went for an evening walk, exploring the surroundings of where i was to live for the next two days. the closest hang-out sort of place seemed to be a lake. (Ulsoor lake, i had googled it before leaving). There were lots o people out there. it served as a jogging track, picnicking place, fishing spot, couples corner (though there weren't any corners there) i guess you get the general idea! we then walked about in search of a coffee place. a bystander told us that the nearest snacks place would be like 1 n half km, clearly not worth the walk. we walked back to the guest house.

my friend left, one of my dad s colleagues joined me fr dinner. i retired to my room trying to read through the only book i was carrying, but the ambience wasn't in favor of it. the dim lights, the cosy bed, n fluffy blanket put me right to sleep in 15 minutes.

day2: post breakfast, i rush to my exam centre. there was like a flood of people there (like outside any examination centre) n the usual exam tension loosely hung in the air. i usually manage to find some other carefree soul like me to chat up with at such places, this time i had none, so i resorted to listening music on ma pod, n facebooking. well the exam as such there's nothing to right about. it was by isro standards. nothing more said..

after lunch was the most awaited part of ma trip, meeting up wit friends! we caught up at a mall. though i would have preferred some other place, but twas too hot, and anything wit a centralised ac is preferred in such afternoons. i have worn myself of malls in pune, they all are the same. despite of shopping being a part of my "things -to-do-in-blore" list, my shopping expenses hardly went beyond thousand.

afte some coffees, snacks, randomly moving around the whole mall, i came back to the guest house with one of my very few female friends...

the night was the fun part--
bitching with 90210, life lessons whilst spider-man saved MJ, finding your feet as Akshay kumar grooved on screen, night calling, MTV rules, (o was it channel V), banana chips wit Udaya Tv... n the like...

6 is too early to sleep..

next day afternoon i was back home, for a well-awaited spiffer sunday, breaking hearts over milk shakes for a change..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trade-off

Trade-offs. used this term a couple o times couple o places. Dint think i d b using it in lifE as such. There's always a trade-off , between what's in your hand at right now, and what u wanna hold. Between what u can do, and what u wanna do. Between ur heart and ur head. Should there be? if we are a single entity, should what we feel be different from what we live? shouldn't life be bound by one philosophy, a single thought that runs through you, and reflects in everything that you do? Should there be a trade-off between being happy and making someone happy? Shouldn't it be the same? i can't understand compromises. I cant understand giving up something for something else. There cant be something less and something more... its either something o nothing. i cant understand why we sometimes fake ourselves. or we drift to believe that we are something else. why is inactivity so elusive? What can be achieved from endless conversations tat lead nowhere, head nowhere? Why

The passive Indian

Hello world, I am here to talk. No not promises, speeches n slogans and stuff of that sort. No just gupshup. Yeah the around the corner “hi! Hello!” stuff. Candle light march? Ahh yes id been on one.i walked with a candle talking about my day, and movies n stuff. No I din’t speak on camera, just to people I knew. Some I met after long. Huge turn out. What opinion? I don’t know what to say. No am not the ‘neta types’. M just a peaceful little person. No I don’t crave for media attention. Ahh yes it would be nice to have your photo in the paper. No but not at such things. No nothing political. I don’t want to be associated with anything remotely political. No pro no against. Yes I do think about it, sometimes when everyone’s talking. No actually not much. Then it passes. Newspaper?? Ya I read. No news channels, unless it some 26/11 or tsunami o world cup coverage. No I don’t read the newspapers, just page 3. It depresses me. Just the headlines sometimes. Just a glance. But I prefer lis

Another year passes by

So I enter into ma third blogging year. I thought I should like write some masterpiece or smtin to mark this event, but on second thoughts the best I could do was just write like I do every time cos this blog is now just a babble of ramblings of my mind as I work on the keyboard. Sometimes I try to organize my thinking, more often than not though, I just tend to drift away. When I began this blog, I d thought of writing about moments that have an impact on me. I think at the core, my blog Is still the same… but what u read, is more of what I pick up from those moments, as i often fail to mark them as I write. Wet-footprints has given the writer in me a renewed identity. Am not one of the best writers, and my language is far from right, yet I have found more like me through my blog, and the blogging world has by far changed the way I perceive things, near and far. I have realized that people all around the world are the same, and we all have the same emotions. Common man is governed by