Skip to main content

Break your heart, like stab yourself to death, nearly, but don’t stop dreaming. Ever.


25 is a funny age to be. Especially when it just turns the tables and you know nothing that you knew any more. Everything has changed. You tell yourself, “It has changed for Good”. And you define good in your head. Yet in your weakest of moments you transport yourself to the safety of two arms, that are now just in your head, but they tell you it will be okay. That your world is what it was. That you aren't a homeless wanderer, that there is a home, there is a pair of arms. They tell you and you believe them. And you sleep off in their comfort, only to wake up the next day and Break your heart all over.

It’s the price of freedom, you tell yourself. This feeling of homeless, you have to live with it. And that searing pain you feel, you wonder if its regret or hope. But you hope it’s neither. Where is freedom you scream, and then you run. Yet nothing moves, and you wish you could run in time instead and days would fly forward, or fly back. That you could transport yourself to some future, near o distant (or a past), where there’s freedom, but not the pain.

But you pull yourself up, nevertheless. And you dream about ambling on seashores, and lakes in mountains, you are in a train compartment, you are at the window seat in the bus, there’s an island, there’s a long winding road, there are coconut palms, there are mustard fields, there are blue seas, there are grey skies, there are clouds, there are white walls, there are lush green tree tops,  there’s a river side, there are white sands, you are running, you are flying, over clouds, you are scribbling, you are singing, there are birds, you are walking, you are talking …

You fall in love, you break your heart, you feel dead, nearly, but you hold on to the illusions your brain creates at midnight, and it pulls you to life, slowly, with the rising sun. And as you drag yourself reluctantly to the washroom, brush in hand, and stare in the mirror at the birds’ nest over your head, your smile touches that little child inside you, and it giggles with you, and you know you are alive, even before you splash water on your face to touch the day. You make yourself believe that you are a phoenix , you tell yourself it’s a new day, and in those brief moments before reality touches you, you can be whatever you want, you know answers to all the questions that haunt your head, you know your truth and you make a pledge, never to stop dreaming. Ever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trade-off

Trade-offs. used this term a couple o times couple o places. Dint think i d b using it in lifE as such. There's always a trade-off , between what's in your hand at right now, and what u wanna hold. Between what u can do, and what u wanna do. Between ur heart and ur head. Should there be? if we are a single entity, should what we feel be different from what we live? shouldn't life be bound by one philosophy, a single thought that runs through you, and reflects in everything that you do? Should there be a trade-off between being happy and making someone happy? Shouldn't it be the same? i can't understand compromises. I cant understand giving up something for something else. There cant be something less and something more... its either something o nothing. i cant understand why we sometimes fake ourselves. or we drift to believe that we are something else. why is inactivity so elusive? What can be achieved from endless conversations tat lead nowhere, head nowhere? Why

The passive Indian

Hello world, I am here to talk. No not promises, speeches n slogans and stuff of that sort. No just gupshup. Yeah the around the corner “hi! Hello!” stuff. Candle light march? Ahh yes id been on one.i walked with a candle talking about my day, and movies n stuff. No I din’t speak on camera, just to people I knew. Some I met after long. Huge turn out. What opinion? I don’t know what to say. No am not the ‘neta types’. M just a peaceful little person. No I don’t crave for media attention. Ahh yes it would be nice to have your photo in the paper. No but not at such things. No nothing political. I don’t want to be associated with anything remotely political. No pro no against. Yes I do think about it, sometimes when everyone’s talking. No actually not much. Then it passes. Newspaper?? Ya I read. No news channels, unless it some 26/11 or tsunami o world cup coverage. No I don’t read the newspapers, just page 3. It depresses me. Just the headlines sometimes. Just a glance. But I prefer lis

Another year passes by

So I enter into ma third blogging year. I thought I should like write some masterpiece or smtin to mark this event, but on second thoughts the best I could do was just write like I do every time cos this blog is now just a babble of ramblings of my mind as I work on the keyboard. Sometimes I try to organize my thinking, more often than not though, I just tend to drift away. When I began this blog, I d thought of writing about moments that have an impact on me. I think at the core, my blog Is still the same… but what u read, is more of what I pick up from those moments, as i often fail to mark them as I write. Wet-footprints has given the writer in me a renewed identity. Am not one of the best writers, and my language is far from right, yet I have found more like me through my blog, and the blogging world has by far changed the way I perceive things, near and far. I have realized that people all around the world are the same, and we all have the same emotions. Common man is governed by