Skip to main content

QUOTABLE QUOTES

i picked these up from amruta's blog... they are not inspirational.. they are jus those straight on ur face facts!

"Don't attempt to run from the past, it is always behind you.!"

"You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do"

"Those who drink to drown their sorrows should be taught that sorrows know how to swim."

"A professional is someone who can do his best work when he doesn't feel like it."

"Democracy is three wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper!!" :-))

"Examine what is said, not who speaks!"

"Optimists and Pessimists equally contribute to our society….Optimists make the aeroplanes, pessimists make the parachutes!"

"Preach the Gospel at all times … if necessary, use words!"

"In communism, man oppresses man.In capitalism, it's the other way around. "

"What the caterpillar calls the end, the butterfly calls the beginning."

"If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple that we wouldn't be able to understand!!"

"If we'd confess our sins to one another we'd all laugh at the lack of originality."

"Don't worry about people stealing an idea. If it's original, you will have to ram it down their throats!!!"

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.

"If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodcutter that came along would destroy the civilization!!"

"We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon."

"Software and Temples are much the same - first we build them, then we pray!!"

"Deciding not to choose is still making a choice!"

"The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn."

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go!!"

"Opportunity may knock only once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."


“Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely!”

“Don’t take life so seriously; u anyways won’t get out of it alive!!”

“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there!!!”

“No individual raindrop ever considers itself responsible for the flood.”

“After all is said and done, more is said than is done!”

“Wise people talk because they have something to say…. Fools talk because they have to say something!!”

“If you can’t see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.”

“Confidence doesn’t come from having all the answers, It comes from being open to all the questions!!”

“Doing nothing is very hard to do…you never know when you’re finished……………. ! ”

“When everything’s coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane!”

“The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you’re still a rat !”

” Just when i got all the answers of life, they changed the question!!”

” The Pessimist complains about the wind, the Optimist expects it to change, the Realist adjusts the sails!”

“Your problem is never really your problem; your reaction to your problem is your problem.”

.................MORE SOME OTHER TIME... enuf for today

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trade-off

Trade-offs. used this term a couple o times couple o places. Dint think i d b using it in lifE as such. There's always a trade-off , between what's in your hand at right now, and what u wanna hold. Between what u can do, and what u wanna do. Between ur heart and ur head. Should there be? if we are a single entity, should what we feel be different from what we live? shouldn't life be bound by one philosophy, a single thought that runs through you, and reflects in everything that you do? Should there be a trade-off between being happy and making someone happy? Shouldn't it be the same? i can't understand compromises. I cant understand giving up something for something else. There cant be something less and something more... its either something o nothing. i cant understand why we sometimes fake ourselves. or we drift to believe that we are something else. why is inactivity so elusive? What can be achieved from endless conversations tat lead nowhere, head nowhere? Why

The passive Indian

Hello world, I am here to talk. No not promises, speeches n slogans and stuff of that sort. No just gupshup. Yeah the around the corner “hi! Hello!” stuff. Candle light march? Ahh yes id been on one.i walked with a candle talking about my day, and movies n stuff. No I din’t speak on camera, just to people I knew. Some I met after long. Huge turn out. What opinion? I don’t know what to say. No am not the ‘neta types’. M just a peaceful little person. No I don’t crave for media attention. Ahh yes it would be nice to have your photo in the paper. No but not at such things. No nothing political. I don’t want to be associated with anything remotely political. No pro no against. Yes I do think about it, sometimes when everyone’s talking. No actually not much. Then it passes. Newspaper?? Ya I read. No news channels, unless it some 26/11 or tsunami o world cup coverage. No I don’t read the newspapers, just page 3. It depresses me. Just the headlines sometimes. Just a glance. But I prefer lis

Another year passes by

So I enter into ma third blogging year. I thought I should like write some masterpiece or smtin to mark this event, but on second thoughts the best I could do was just write like I do every time cos this blog is now just a babble of ramblings of my mind as I work on the keyboard. Sometimes I try to organize my thinking, more often than not though, I just tend to drift away. When I began this blog, I d thought of writing about moments that have an impact on me. I think at the core, my blog Is still the same… but what u read, is more of what I pick up from those moments, as i often fail to mark them as I write. Wet-footprints has given the writer in me a renewed identity. Am not one of the best writers, and my language is far from right, yet I have found more like me through my blog, and the blogging world has by far changed the way I perceive things, near and far. I have realized that people all around the world are the same, and we all have the same emotions. Common man is governed by