Skip to main content

happy childrens day


very much expected on this day! since the title says it all, i wudn repeat it here.

everyone wants to be a part of everything these days. adults want to compete with kids on celebrating children's day for the kid in themselves. kids wanna celebrate valentine's day, when i wonder how many know what a valentine is... it wud come as no surprise if ppl started celebrating fathers day (or mothers day ) prematurely saying someday they wud be parents!!!

was watching mtv WASSUp (some youngistan crap tats better than saas bahu dramas) over ma tea break, n tats wat urged me to write. they were celebrating children's day, asking young adults memories of their childhood as a veejay roamed about with a lollystick in his hand on the streets.

i was wondering at the street kids who must have been tempted for a lick of that lolly as he roamed about.

"HAPPY CHILDREN's " day world..

(mind the quotes)

its what the day has become today. many of us mus hav spent bucks on wishing each other today, did one of u stop by at the kid at the thela n wish him the same?
or may be that tiny beggar who tugs at ur jeans everyday on the bus stop.. he is still a kid isnt he? did u pause for a moment n offer him a children's day shake? or may be a gesture that hints towards the same.

what have u done today to make it a happier day for those thousands of tiny lives that have probably even forgotten what the word "happy " means.

those for whom joy is not a piece of cake, or a glitter-wrapped gift, but the mere opportunity to forget, even if for a moment, that "life is a struggle".
did it occur to u that may be you could by CRY card for someone.. jus so that u achieve both goals together?

14th november is no more children's day, its "happy children's day"

i was in class 11 then, n we had this farewell party for our class 12 seniors. the function was held in our gymkhana. behind the gymkhana there was some renovation work being done. we had music n games, n a worker kid wandered to the door of the gymkhana. we had got a tiny cake and our general secretary was expected to cut it. the kid stood at the door staring at the cake, i dunno how many must hve noticed it. his eyes longed to have a bite of it, something i wonder if he had or would ever taste in his life. the gs cut the cake n we then took it aside to distribute it to the others.
i cut a piece of the cake and gave it to that kid. i cant describe wat i saw in the kids eyes that moment... but its one of those moments that makes me feel very happy about what i am.

i urge u all to do something today, if not for the sake of the lesser-fortuned kids around u, then for the mere selfish reason of finding a moment for urself that will alwes make u happy and proud of wat u are, n wat u have done.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Kudos to this post. I really loved the minute details about what Children's day is all about.

and yes, it is a heart melting sensation when you see those kids smiling at you after you have done something good for them. I still remember my visit to the orphanage in Chorao in 9th std. i still remember how it felt. Just to see all the kids smiling at you even though all you have done is gone there and just shared some sweet words with them. :-)
anirudh said…
that was very profound..leaves behind a lot of food for thought...and more importantly,action..

Popular posts from this blog

Trade-off

Trade-offs. used this term a couple o times couple o places. Dint think i d b using it in lifE as such. There's always a trade-off , between what's in your hand at right now, and what u wanna hold. Between what u can do, and what u wanna do. Between ur heart and ur head. Should there be? if we are a single entity, should what we feel be different from what we live? shouldn't life be bound by one philosophy, a single thought that runs through you, and reflects in everything that you do? Should there be a trade-off between being happy and making someone happy? Shouldn't it be the same? i can't understand compromises. I cant understand giving up something for something else. There cant be something less and something more... its either something o nothing. i cant understand why we sometimes fake ourselves. or we drift to believe that we are something else. why is inactivity so elusive? What can be achieved from endless conversations tat lead nowhere, head nowhere? Why

The passive Indian

Hello world, I am here to talk. No not promises, speeches n slogans and stuff of that sort. No just gupshup. Yeah the around the corner “hi! Hello!” stuff. Candle light march? Ahh yes id been on one.i walked with a candle talking about my day, and movies n stuff. No I din’t speak on camera, just to people I knew. Some I met after long. Huge turn out. What opinion? I don’t know what to say. No am not the ‘neta types’. M just a peaceful little person. No I don’t crave for media attention. Ahh yes it would be nice to have your photo in the paper. No but not at such things. No nothing political. I don’t want to be associated with anything remotely political. No pro no against. Yes I do think about it, sometimes when everyone’s talking. No actually not much. Then it passes. Newspaper?? Ya I read. No news channels, unless it some 26/11 or tsunami o world cup coverage. No I don’t read the newspapers, just page 3. It depresses me. Just the headlines sometimes. Just a glance. But I prefer lis

Another year passes by

So I enter into ma third blogging year. I thought I should like write some masterpiece or smtin to mark this event, but on second thoughts the best I could do was just write like I do every time cos this blog is now just a babble of ramblings of my mind as I work on the keyboard. Sometimes I try to organize my thinking, more often than not though, I just tend to drift away. When I began this blog, I d thought of writing about moments that have an impact on me. I think at the core, my blog Is still the same… but what u read, is more of what I pick up from those moments, as i often fail to mark them as I write. Wet-footprints has given the writer in me a renewed identity. Am not one of the best writers, and my language is far from right, yet I have found more like me through my blog, and the blogging world has by far changed the way I perceive things, near and far. I have realized that people all around the world are the same, and we all have the same emotions. Common man is governed by