Skip to main content
my brains stopped dreaming, it flies stil though.
it cant handle being at one place fr long hours.....

wish exams werent this dread tat they are! by the end of prep vacs, i hardly remember y i started studin in the first place.

i fill my day wit hour long refreshment breaks! (this is one of them.. no marks fr guessing tat). wonder who started this whole examination thing.. reward n penalty crap system! wud we hav not worked, or studied, or pursued things if there were no marks for what we did?

like if i wanna read up something, i dont actually bother if m gettin marks for it, people pursue their interests, things tat they like to do wit joy! (unlike me who is presently tryin to search a convinvcing answer fr ma ever-questioning brain)

yeah m here by ma choice n al.. bt stil i don want exams! i d read up abt radars if it interested me.. i don need exams fr it.. n id remember tat stuff much better, if i hadn to bother abt scoring!!

guess this studin thing is gettin to ma head!

i got a cal yesterday from one of ma dearest frens... she left fr NZ (FOREVER). i was shocked, choked, angry, sad, worried all at the same time!

the conversation went this way..
Nav: heylo, may i speak to nishi?
me: yes who is this?
( i din recognise the number, nor the voice)
Nav: i jus wanted to confirm if this is nishi's number!
me: ok but who is this?
Nav: guess?
me: (i stare at the radar notes infron of me) i dunno cant guess
Nav: dukkar guess!
me: no i cant guess
( i had already guessed by now)
Nav: if u dont speak to someoene fr many days, that doesn mean u shud forget their voice!
me: ofcourse i forgot ur voice... don blame me
(tat was an attempt at self defense).
Nav: bol kaun main?
me: tere dukkar se pata chal gaya mujhe.
nav: (laughs)
me: wher are u?
nav: m in punjab?
me: wat are u doin over ther? u not answering exams?
nav:no m at the airport actually.
me: wat? kyon?
(for a moment i thot she d got a block i dinno abt, so i was a bit apprehensive abt tat kyon.. bt it came out nevertheless)

me: waiting fr Mr. america
( a fictitious guy she s supposed to wait fr at the airport, with a garland in her hand)
Nav: no.. m really at the airport ( i assume she is comin bac to goa, but its unusual fr her, cos she usually travels by train)
nav: sun m going to new zealand
me: for wat?
nav: with family, we are settling over ther!
(i hate the networks, cos the line was too noisy)
me: why? why suddenly?
nav: we are jus goin, don ask me why... ask adi n sagar
me: n ur telling me now? idiot cudn tel befor leavin
nav: dont get angry,
(the last thing she shud hav expected frm me )
nav: it all happened too fast
(ya like overnite.. u were jus transported frm ur too the airport)
me: but wat u wil do ther?
nav: i dunno
me: are u getting married?
nav: NOoo
me: then wat u wil do? tel me seriously are u gettin married?
(i din want to believ wat she was sayin)
nav: nahi
me: m sure ur gettin married. if not wat u r gonna do over ther? u will hav to start all over again.
nav: i dunno dont ask me all tat, i wont get married fr 5 years
me: mazaak chod yar, tel me wher u are?
(one last try at beating reality :( ...)
nav: i m really going
(by now i had made sense of the commotion behind as the airport, the flight announcements, n busy voices)
me: i dont believe u. giv the phone to someone else. dad, mom, bro, sis
nav: dads on phone, moms smwer!
me: i dont believe u
nav: listen i hav to go now, i wil come back after some 2 -3 years
me: for wat? (rather sarcastically)
nav: to meet u all
me: but...
me: take care. bye!

they say goodbyes shud b short.. i love to stretch those moments. i dunno if i wil ever meet her, bone n bone again (shes been more bone less flesh)

it sounded like a hurried act to me.. leavin so fast, but then her parents must have thought of something.
it felt like a part of me was being strewn to the other side of the universe.

all due respect to the net, the phone, n all other forms of communication, i stil doubt if we will ever b in touch.
its not abt how close u were, or are, its abt how life displaces u, n even though u myt come bac some day, to the point wher u started, the displacement wil be much more than u can gauge!

n as days pass, n i see more n more of my people travelling out of sight, the desire to keep the status quo reaches new heights.
like a bird being trapped in a cage, flutters towards the exit one last time, before accepting defeat.
(ma last try at outwitting life, before it traps me in my own reality)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trade-off

Trade-offs. used this term a couple o times couple o places. Dint think i d b using it in lifE as such. There's always a trade-off , between what's in your hand at right now, and what u wanna hold. Between what u can do, and what u wanna do. Between ur heart and ur head. Should there be? if we are a single entity, should what we feel be different from what we live? shouldn't life be bound by one philosophy, a single thought that runs through you, and reflects in everything that you do? Should there be a trade-off between being happy and making someone happy? Shouldn't it be the same? i can't understand compromises. I cant understand giving up something for something else. There cant be something less and something more... its either something o nothing. i cant understand why we sometimes fake ourselves. or we drift to believe that we are something else. why is inactivity so elusive? What can be achieved from endless conversations tat lead nowhere, head nowhere? Why

The passive Indian

Hello world, I am here to talk. No not promises, speeches n slogans and stuff of that sort. No just gupshup. Yeah the around the corner “hi! Hello!” stuff. Candle light march? Ahh yes id been on one.i walked with a candle talking about my day, and movies n stuff. No I din’t speak on camera, just to people I knew. Some I met after long. Huge turn out. What opinion? I don’t know what to say. No am not the ‘neta types’. M just a peaceful little person. No I don’t crave for media attention. Ahh yes it would be nice to have your photo in the paper. No but not at such things. No nothing political. I don’t want to be associated with anything remotely political. No pro no against. Yes I do think about it, sometimes when everyone’s talking. No actually not much. Then it passes. Newspaper?? Ya I read. No news channels, unless it some 26/11 or tsunami o world cup coverage. No I don’t read the newspapers, just page 3. It depresses me. Just the headlines sometimes. Just a glance. But I prefer lis

Another year passes by

So I enter into ma third blogging year. I thought I should like write some masterpiece or smtin to mark this event, but on second thoughts the best I could do was just write like I do every time cos this blog is now just a babble of ramblings of my mind as I work on the keyboard. Sometimes I try to organize my thinking, more often than not though, I just tend to drift away. When I began this blog, I d thought of writing about moments that have an impact on me. I think at the core, my blog Is still the same… but what u read, is more of what I pick up from those moments, as i often fail to mark them as I write. Wet-footprints has given the writer in me a renewed identity. Am not one of the best writers, and my language is far from right, yet I have found more like me through my blog, and the blogging world has by far changed the way I perceive things, near and far. I have realized that people all around the world are the same, and we all have the same emotions. Common man is governed by